New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food Logo
NH Department of Agriculture, Markets, and Food
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

Division of Pesticide Control

The Division of Pesticide Control works to ensure the safe and proper use of pesticides.

Who Needs a Pesticide License?

New Hampshire law requires that:

  • Anyone applying pesticides to produce an agricultural commodity for sale or distribution must be licensed as a Private Applicator (for example, growing fruits, vegetables or Christmas trees);
  • Anyone applying pesticides on a property of another must be licensed as a Commercial Applicator (for example, control of pest insects, invasive plants or as part of your work, for example, golf course use); or
  • Anyone selling or distributing restricted use pesticides in the state must be licensed as a Dealer.
farm stand signboard

NH Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food
Mailing: PO Box 2042, Concord NH 03302 -2042
Physical: 25 Capitol Street, Second Floor, Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3551 | fax: (603) 271-1109