Pursuant to RSA 438, the Division licenses public weighmasters authorized to weigh or meaure any commodity or thing, or issue a statement or memorandum of weight or measure based on results obtained by using a vehicle scale. See Agr 1402 and 1403.
I. Requirements to Become a Licensed Public Weighmaster
- Complete the application for initial weighmaster licensure (see "Required Examination Forms" below);
the Weighmaster Exam Form (see "Required Exam Forms" below);
- Complete the social security number form on the day of the exam;
- Study and be familiar with the weighmaster laws and rules (see RSA 438:40, Agr 1401, Agr 1402, and Agr 1403);
- Pay a license fee (in accordance with Agr 1410.07 (a) and Agr 1402.06 (d))- for the correct amount email email@example.com or call the Division at (603) 271-3700;
- Achieve a passing score on the exam of 70%;
- Pay a $20.00 non-refundable exam fee;
checks shall be made payable to "Treasurer, State of New Hampshire;"
- Send the completed documents to the Division of Weights and Measures, 25 Capitol St., PO Box 2042, Concord, NH 03302-2042 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
II. Examination Study Materials for the Weighmaster Exam
- What you need to know for the "weighmaster exam"
- Questions on the weighmaster exam have been derived from the material contained in New Hampshire administrative rules: Agr 1401, Agr 1402, Agr 1403 (note: these are the rules for weighmaster licensure, requirements, and responsibilties) and from statute, RSA 438:40. Please note: the above link for the Agr rules provides the entire set of administrative rules for weights and measures-- refer only to the above sections.
- Be aware of Agr 1411 (violations of RSA 438:40, I and of administrative weights and measures rules).
- RSA 266:18 Weight on Interstate and Defense Highway System.
III. Required Application and Examination Forms
IV.All applications and fees must be submitted at least one week prior to the exam date for which the applicant wishes to sit for the exam.
- **Examinations must be scheduled in advance. For exam dates and to schedule an exam, please email Devices@agr.nh.gov
- All exams are held in the State House Annex located at 25 Capitol St., Concord, NH
V. Guidance Memoranda for Weighmasters
NH Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food
Mailing: PO Box 2042, Concord NH 03302 -2042
Physical: 25 Capitol Street, Second Floor, Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3551 | fax: (603) 271-1109