New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets & Food Logo
NH Department of Agriculture, Markets, and Food
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently asked questions regarding Weights and Measures.

What must I do before before using a device commercially in the State of NH?

You must fill out an application to obtain a Weighing & Measuring Device License. This form can be found on our Weights and Measures page. Applications may be mailed or faxed in at (603) 271-1109. You must have your device(s) certified by a licensed NH Service Technical before placing it into service.

What is the fee for having a Weighing & Measuring Device License?

Fees vary depending on the device(s) being used commercially.

How long does a Weighing & Measuring Device License last for?

A Weighing & Measuring Device License lasts for one calendar year.

How often do I have to get my device(s) certified?

Devices must be certified once a year by a licensed New Hampshire Service Technician. It is your responsibility to schedule this certification each year.

How can I apply to become a licensed Service Technician or Weighmaster in the State of New Hampshire?

Applications and renewals for Service Technicians or Weighmasters can be found on our Weights and Measures page.

NH Department of Agriculture, Markets and Food
Mailing: PO Box 2042, Concord NH 03302 -2042
Physical: 25 Capitol Street, Second Floor, Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-3551 | fax: (603) 271-1109